Have you ever tried to clean up your diet, and all you could think about was that dessert you couldn’t eat or that bread you can’t have for breakfast anymore? Or that pasta dish you love so much that’s now “off-limits” for the time being? It isn’t uncommon to think of the foods we can’t eat more than the foods we can when we start a new regimen. With that in mind, we’d love to share our favorite healthy alternatives to our favorite foods with you so that cleaning up your diet doesn’t seem so daunting. These foods hit the spot and make it so that you don’t feel like you’re missing out.
So let’s dive into our list:
GF/Grain-free Pasta & Bread
- Jovial Pasta – Grain-free cassava flour pasta
- Miracle Noodle – plant-based noodles
- Soozy’s grain-free bread of bagels
- AWG Bakery Grain-free Paleo Bread
- Zukee Kitchen GF Sourdough
- La Tortilla Factory Grain-free tortillas
- Siete Tortillas – all grain-free
- Brianna’s sugar-free salad dressing
- Lucini sugar-free pasta sauce
- Bitchin’ Sauce – you can find this at Costco (Chipotle is my fave)
Dairy-free Coffee Creamers
- Nutpods creamer – dairy-free creamer
- New Barn Almond Milk Creamer
- So Delicious Coconut Creamer
- Pacific Foods Almond Milk
- So Delicious Coconut Milk
- Oatly Oat milk
- Califia Farms Oat Milk
- Califia Farms Plant Butter – they have 2 flavors, pressed avocado oil and pressed olive oil
- Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla
- Vixen Kitchen’s paleo vegan gelato
- Nada Moo!
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers
- Organic Pantry Co. Flaxseed Crackers
We hope that this list gives you a starting point. All these food alternatives are absolutely delicious! Be sure to read the labels of all the food as well.
As with all things, please consult with Dr. Horowitz or your doctor before making any dietary changes. To make an appointment with Dr. Horowitz, please email email@example.com.
– Dr. Horowitz & staff