We wanted to start the weekend early with our favorite Chocolate Brownie Sundae recipe. This delicious alternative to the conventional brownie recipes out there will leave you feeling as if you are not missing out. When people hear that a recipe is gluten or grain-free this tends to be a dealbreaker, but we promise this recipe is different. Going gluten-free or grain-free doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy desserts ever again. It just means that you get to become more creative, and it may even open a door for you to be surprised.
Bob’s Red Mill is no exception. This recipe can be found on the back of Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour package.
The recipe is as follows:
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks divided
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil or Ghee
- 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and coconut oil or ghee. Whisk frequently while melting and let cool to just slightly warm.
- While the chocolate mixture cools, combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla until thick and foamy.
- Fold cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs until evenly combined. Add dry ingredients and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate pieces and fold into chocolate mixture until no streaks of flour are visible.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool, then slice and serve.
We topped our brownie with Coconut Bliss’s Madagascan Vanilla Bean dairy-free ice cream and Mrs. Richardson’s fudge to make this the most decadent, creamy and luxurious chocolate brownie sundae ever.
This dessert is sure to impress and is SO delicious!
Please send us an email, or shoot us a message on our instagram page (@drerikahorowitz) if you tried and like this recipe and want more like this.
The recipe is from: https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/cassava-brownies/
- Dr. Erika Horowitz & Staff.