During the change of seasons into summertime, detoxing and cleanses are hot topics. We wanted to discuss their benefits for you to consider.
One of our favorite cleanses is an Inflammatory Food Cleanse. An Inflammatory Food Cleanse calls for omitting certain foods in our diet that cause inflammation in our system, like sugar, dairy, and gluten.
An Inflammatory Food Cleanse offers a way to reset your body and reorient it in a short period of time. It gives us insight into which foods work and which foods have a more challenging time being digested and processed in your system. A 14 – day cleanse provides us with information that sometimes gets overlooked when our sights are focused on long-term change. It’s very easy to think that we need a whole lifestyle and diet overhaul and start planning out the following months of food and healthy habits. But what if we shortened that time to just 14 days? Focusing on just a few changes that we can make without committing to such a long program has marked physical and mental effects.
As stated above, with an Inflammatory Foods Cleanse, the main foods omitted are gluten, dairy, and sugar. Grains and soy products are also omitted, depending on how your body responds to them.
- Increased energy
- Better sleep
- Less digestive distress
- Less stomach bloating
- Clearer skin
- Decreased mood swings
- Decreased food cravings
Additional benefits in doing a 14-day cleanse:
- It’s short enough to be doable.
- It’s long enough to see a marked physical difference.
- 14 days is enough time to feel the healing power of foods and a short enough time to not feel restricted.
- The second week is typically when people feel their best and notice that their usual digestive symptoms decrease.
- Cleanses have a positive domino effect where other aspects of people’s lives are aligned healthily as well.
- Cleanses encourage the act of intuitive eating.
- There’s a sense of accomplishment when we complete a cleanse.
- Cleanses are a great, structured tool that we can always use when needed.
- They are a great way to start and end specific chapters in our lives.
Here at Dr. Horowitz, we offer cleanses to help you achieve your health goals and reach a more balanced state. Dr. Erika Horowitz guides you through cleanses, and our Health Coaches provide additional support. If you are interested or have questions about the cleanses we offer, please reach out to us at email@example.com, and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Dr. Horowitz & Staff